These stones combine nature and culture experiences and offer you completely new perspectives on outstanding architectural monuments.
Location Diedenshausen - View of the historic half-timbered house "Schreiners"
The history of the remarkable half-timbered house next to the church in Diedenshausen dates back to the 17th century: the house was probably built in 1616. The owner was Theis Schmitt, his surname provided the house name "Schmeds".
However, the second generation in the house preferred location names when naming the house, so that "Schmeds" became "Auf dem Rain" ("on the shortcut/path"). This is documented in the church register; it was not until the end of the 19th century that the owners changed back to the name "Schmeds". But the name of the house was not to remain the same: In 1909, Johann Philipp Kuhn bought the house at a forced sale. The new owner was a carpenter by profession, so the house has been called "Schreiners" ever since.
In 1773, the half-timbered house burned down, but could be rebuilt in the same year. The house consisted of half-timbered houses, mud rooms and a thatched roof, and had three heatable rooms, three heatable chambers and a kitchen - according to a building assessment by the land registry in 1892. A workshop building with two storerooms, a drying room and a carpenter's workshop was added in 1928