These stones combine nature and culture experiences and offer you completely new perspectives on outstanding architectural monuments.
Location Elsoff - View to the protestant church
The exact year of origin of Elsoff Church is not known, but historians place it in the transitional period between Romanesque and Gothic architectural styles. It is therefore likely to have been built in the middle of the 13th century. One document refers to the church of Elsoff as the daughter church of Raumland.
The church has a large nave with three bays, to which a smaller two-bay choir is attached. After the old tower had collapsed, it was replaced by a new one in 1869. In 1993, the nave was thoroughly repaired and partly redesigned. During the renovation some well-preserved remains of medieval wall paintings were found. The pews date from the 18th century, and the carved date 1748 is still visible.
Three bronze bells hang in the church tower. The largest was cast in 1442. It bears the name "Osanna" and is surrounded by an unusually long, six-line inscription. The slightly smaller bell was made in the same year and by the same bell manufacturer. The smallest bell was made in 1526.